Tuition $165 Plus Materials
It is a truly unique and satisfying experience to complete one of these gorgeous lamps and see its magical glow in
your home. This annual class is one of our most expensive offerings here at Ed’s Emporium. Since creating your
first heirloom Tiffany-style lamp may cost $500 or more, we want you to have time to plan. Put it on your schedule
early – it will be an ambitious, rewarding and memorable experience!
Session #1: glass selection & pattern prep
Session #2: cutting, fitting & foiling
Session #3: soldering, vase cap & cleaning
Session #4: rim, vase cap, patina, finishing
(One session per month)
Learn the techniques necessary to build a Tiffany-style lampshade,
using the Odyssey lamp-making system. In class one, we’ll select
appropriate glass for your lamp and prepare your pattern. If time allows,
you’ll start cutting your glass. During the next three weeks, you’ll
work at home cutting, fitting and foiling. In the second class session,
we’ll review your progress and offer hints to resolve any issues that
arise. This session is planned to help you be ready for class three.
You’ll also order your lamp base in class two so that it will arrive in
time for your finished shade. In class three, we’ll solder the lamp and
prepare the vase cap. In class four, we’ll install the vase cap, finish the
bottom edge with a metal rim and patina.
Tools for Class One & Two
Tools for Classes Three and Four
We appreciate it when you buy your tools and supplies here at Ed’s Emporium. By doing so, you help ensure that your local stained glass store will be here as a place for fun and learning for many years to come.
FINE PRINT – Terms apply to all classes at Ed’s Emporium Stained Glass Studio. As a courtesy to others, please
read and comply.
1. Your class will start on time. Please be on time and prepared.
2. Please put your phone on silent so that it won’t disrupt the class.
3. Payment is required when you register for a class. When you register, we reserve that space and purchase
supplies for you. If you need to cancel, we need at least 7 days advance notice. With 7 days notice, you will
receive store credit for your tuition. Otherwise, you will forfeit the tuition. Classes with guest artists are never
refundable in any manner.
4. In the event of class cancellation, you will receive a full refund.
5. Participants give permission for Ed’s Emporium to take and use photographs which may include their image or
6. Please bring Safety Glasses (Available for purchase at Ed’s Emporium) and Wear Closed Toe Shoes.
7. Everyone who is present for a class must be enrolled in that class.
8. If the class is “plus supplies”, only supplies purchased AT Ed’s Emporium are permitted.
9. We prefer that class fees be paid by check or cash. NOTICE: Credit cards and PayPal will incur an additional
4% handling fee. 10. Our primary goal is for you to have a good time!
Ed’s Emporium Stained Glass Studio – 2200 Barksdale Blvd –Bossier City. Louisiana 71112 – 3187426555